Yama-kei Publishers Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, "The Company") handles the personal information provided by its customers (hereinafter, "The Customer") properly in accordance with Japan's Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other norms as shown below. The Company also makes appropriate efforts to improve its handling of personal information.
1. Obtaining Personal Information
When obtaining personal information, The Company specifies and notifies or announces the purpose of use. The Company handles personal information in accordance with the purpose of use.
2. Purpose of Use, etc.
The Company obtains personal information required to carry on business associated with publishing and editing, sales, and online businesses, and this personal information is used for the following purposes.
- Confirming the identity of The Customer
- Enhancing and improving The Company's products and services and developing new products
- Purposes for which the purpose of use is specified separately and for which The Customer's consent is obtained
3. Scope of Use
The Company may outsource some operations for the smooth implementation of its business and may provide personal information within the scope of the purpose of use to subcontractors. In such cases, The Company will monitor subcontractors' compliance with the handling of personal information, including execution of an agreement between the subcontractors on the handling of personal information.
4. Disclosure and Provision to Third Parties
The Company does not disclose or provide personal information to third parties, except when it provides such information to subcontractors described in "3. Scope of Use" and when any of the following apply.
- When the consent of The Customer has been obtained;
- When The Company discloses or provides personal information in a form that does not identify individuals, such as statistical data;
- When The Company is required to disclose or provide personal information based on laws and regulations;
- When The Company needs to disclose or provide personal information in order to protect human life and safety, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of The Customer;
- When The Company needs to disclose or provide personal information to cooperate with national or local authorities in carrying out public affairs and obtaining the consent of The Customer could impede the execution of such public affairs.
5. Retained Personal Data
When The Customer makes the following requests regarding his or her own information in the personal data retained by us, The Company will respond promptly within a reasonable timeframe and scope after The Customer has submitted the documents designated by The Company and The Company has confirmed that the person who made the request is The Customer. The Customer should note that in this case he or she may be required to pay the actual cost as a fee.
- Disclosure of the content of information
- Correction of some of the content of information
- Deletion of some of the content of information
- Discontinuation of the usage of information
- Erasure of information
The Company would appreciate your understanding that in case of discontinuation of the usage or erasure of some or all information, The Company may no longer be able to provide services in accordance with The Customer's requests. In addition, in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, please understand that The Company may be unable to respond to requests for disclosure, discontinuation of the usage or erasure.
Web beacons (also known as "clear gif") are technology that measures site and page access.
The Company uses such technologies to shorten re-entry on its website and smartphone apps, to display the optimal online advertising, to count the number of browsers looking at online advertising for each content, and to measure access. Cookies are able to identify The Customer's browser, but they cannot identify an individual customer. Web beacons are likewise unable to identify an individual customer.
7. Privacy Policies of Third Parties using Cookies and Web Beacons on The Company's Website
- Facebook (Privacy)
- Facebook (Cookies)
- Google (Ads Settings)
- Google (Security and privacy in Universal Analytics)
- Google (Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on)
8. Personal Information Customer Helpdesk
Please contact the following helpdesk if you have any inquiries about The Company's retained personal data.
*Depending on the nature of your inquiry, The Company may use following procedures to confirm your identity.
- ID documents such as driver's license, passport, or health insurance card
- A call back to the telephone number registered with The Company
- Matching of information registered with The Company, including your name, address, telephone number, and credit card number, etc.